Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> on 2012/10/07 18:24:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Counter restrictions in AOO

For a future version of AOO, I suggest consideration of the following:

New users of OpenOffice (all flavours?) do not realise that there are built-in restrictions on counter values.  For example: OO cannot handle paragraphs with a character count greater than 64Kb.  Those of us who cut our teeth on binary realise the historical reasons why this restriction exists.  Has the time come to reconsider the internal arithmetic mechanisms and expand them?  Along with such reconsideration, should we also examine the conservative memory allocations and maximum limits for memory usage?

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>