Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/01 06:01:29 UTC

Re: community-app for Fineract v1.2

Hi All -

Peter is part of a group working on an important demonstration project of
mifos & fineract & mojaloop configured and running together.

He is asking a couple of questions here and it is about the in-between
mifos & fineract configuration and releases.

1) When using fineract1.2 backend and needing multi-tenants, does one
incorporate one version of the mifos-community-app (in the same server
build) and the user is routed to the tenant or in the interface, or is the
architecture that one backend instance and multiple web "front end" servers
instances should be run?

2) If the behavior is by design, that the default tenant is chosen in the
mifos-community-app, then please indicate so. If it is a bug, please let us
know.

3) Which release of the Mifos Community App is supposed to be paired with
Fineract1.2 (backend).  My phrasing: If there is no recent pairing
confirmed, what is the latest stable release. I am using the word "pairing"
because I think it expresses the loose association.

Thanks
@Jdailey67

Posted by Nayan Ambali <na...@gmail.com>.
Hello Peter,

Please find my response inlined,

>>1) When using fineract1.2 backend and needing multi-tenants, does one
incorporate one version of the mifos-community-app (in the same server
build) and the user is routed to the tenant or in the interface, or is the
architecture that one backend instance and multiple web "front end" servers
instances should be run?

One instance of community-app can serve multiple tenants, but you can't
have custom configurations of the community-app for each tenants using one
instance, only if you need custom configuration for each tenant then need
to copy of the community-app for that tenant. Some work is going on making
community-app also true multi-tenants support.

>>2) If the behavior is by design, that the default tenant is chosen in the
mifos-community-app, then please indicate so. If it is a bug, please let us
know.

This needs improvement, we have some hard coded stuff. please give more
info on how you have deployed I can help you with configuration

3) Which release of the Mifos Community App is supposed to be paired with
Fineract1.2 (backend).  My phrasing: If there is no recent pairing
confirmed, what is the latest stable release. I am using the word "pairing"
because I think it expresses the loose association.

Santosh, can you please help Peter identify the right release of
community-app for Fineract1.2

-
Nayan Ambali

-