Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Guillaume Lederrey <Ge...@ledcom.ch> on 2005/03/10 11:28:50 UTC

JAAS authentication and global realms

  Hello !

  I'm trying to use a host wide JAAS Realm. I've written the LoginModule and
tested it by declaring the Realm in the <Context/> of one of my app. This app
is not declared in server.xml, but in its own context.xml in /webapps.
Everything is working just fine. My LoginModule logs using just
"System.out.println()", so I fiind its logs in logs/catalina.out.

  When I move the Realm decleration from the context.xml to server.xml (either
in the <host/> node or the <Engine/> node) it stops working ... I dont see
any logs of any kind ...

  What am I doing wrong ? The doc made me think I could just move this Realm
around to change its visibility, but there would not need to do anything
more ...

  Thanks for the help.

 Guillaume

--