Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org> on 2006/07/03 18:29:31 UTC

ODT license compatibility

I took the opportunity of Cliff Schmidt's excellent lecture on
licensing to ask about the license compatibility of OASIS OASIS Open
Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC with the
Apache License and learned that the specific type of license issued by
OASIS for ODT is fully compatible with the Apache License.

So we can offer OpenDocument-plugins as part of Forrest.

I did _not_ ask about including OpenOffice.org code in our distribution.
So this is still an open question.

--
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: ODT license compatibility

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> So we can offer OpenDocument-plugins as part of Forrest.

Thanks for finally getting a concrete answer for us.

> I did _not_ ask about including OpenOffice.org code in our distribution.
> So this is still an open question.

No, this is not an open question, here is the answer...

OOo 1 is under the SISSL, OOo 2 is under the LGPL

Both are excluded licenses and cannot be included with ASL licensed
products.

Ross