Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by alarcher <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/25 15:53:57 UTC

JackRabbit client / server

Hi,

I use JackRabbit in my application as an embedded library.
Is there a way to split my application into a client / server application
using a "server component" in JackRabbit ?
I do not want to code this layer myself, I just wonder if there is a kind of
client / serveur functionnality implemented in JR.

Thanks,
Antoine Larcher

Re: JackRabbit client / server

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:12 PM, alarcher <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sling projet seems to be a little bit young, it maybe a risk to choose this
> technology.
> However I am going to take a deeper look at it and check it regularly to see
> its evolution.

You might want to take a look at this nice Sling introduction:
http://www.unc.edu/home/adamc/sling-overview.html

It describes the current status of the project very accurately:

<citation>

How Stable is this?

>From a technical perspective, Sling's fairly stable and has at least
one full-fledged "release" under its belt. The main issue is that most
of the developers work for the same company (Day Software). The Apache
Software Foundation requires projects to establish that they have a
sustainable, distributed community of committers, and that's why it's
still in incubation. Since the project's getting more attention
though, I don't expect it to be too long before it "graduates."

</citation>

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: JackRabbit client / server

Posted by alarcher <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bertrand,

Sling projet seems to be a little bit young, it maybe a risk to choose this
technology.
However I am going to take a deeper look at it and check it regularly to see
its evolution.
I'm gonna look at your example below.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Antoine Larcher

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Antoine,

Posted by alarcher <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks alex,
I need to run it on 2 separated JVM, so I'm going to use the RMI solution.
I thought there was some kind of web services or servlets, I noticed the
projet jackrabbit-servlets but it seems to be only servlet context binding
of Repository objects.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Antoine Larcher