Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Elisei Rotaru <el...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/23 18:57:47 UTC

Help on: unspecified internal server error

Hello together,

I need a little help from you guys if it is at all possible. I am getting
crazy around here. My problem is as follows. I am acessing a web service
from Pubmed (that is an online database for literature in medicine) to fetch
for articles, authors and titles.

I wrote therefore a Java Program and i'm using Axis2 1.4 to build Querys and
i get Response Messages, everything works 100% fine.

I am trying now to build my own axis2 1.4 web service which does exactly the
same! Uses the method that works fine in a test class. When i test my own
web service in tomcat an "unspecified internal server error".

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Unspecified internal server error
        at
org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java:512)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:370)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:416)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:228)
        at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)
        at
gov.nih.nlm.ncbi.www.soap.eutils.EFetchPubmedServiceStub.run_eFetch(EFetchPubmedServiceStub.java:183)
        at
de.fraunhofer.isst.dortmund.kis.queryhandler.handlers.pubmed.EFetch.singleEFetch(EFetch.java:158)
        at
de.fraunhofer.isst.dortmund.kis.queryhandler.handlers.pubmed.EFetch.eFetch(EFetch.java:54)
        at
de.fraunhofer.isst.dortmund.kis.queryhandler.handlers.PubmedQuery.sendQuery(PubmedQuery.java:213)
        at
de.fraunhofer.isst.dortmund.kis.queryhandler.services.QueryHandlerSkeleton.sendQuery(QueryHandlerSkeleton.java:69)
        at
de.fraunhofer.isst.dortmund.kis.queryhandler.services.QueryHandlerMessageReceiverInOut.invokeBusinessLogic(QueryHandlerMessageReceiverInOut.java:48)
        at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.invokeBusinessLogic(AbstractInOutMessageReceiver.java:40)
        at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:100)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:176)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:275)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:133)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:263)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:584)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Message = Unspecified internal server error
LocalizedMessage = Unspecified internal server error

Well, an "unspecified internal server error" doen't help me much. What does
that mean, and does someone know how to fix it?

I don't even know how to get more information on what is wrong. Server logs
or something? Where could i look?

Thanks in advance.

Elisei

--
------------------
Lass niemals einen PC wissen, dass Du es eilig hast!

Re: Help on: unspecified internal server error

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Elisei Rotaru <el...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello together,
>
> I need a little help from you guys if it is at all possible. I am getting
> crazy around here. My problem is as follows. I am acessing a web service
> from Pubmed (that is an online database for literature in medicine) to fetch
> for articles, authors and titles.

this service seems to be sending and error. This internal server error is an
error has happend at that point. try to see the request and response mssages
to this service from axis2 using tcpmon[1]

thanks,
Amila.

[1] http://ws.apache.org/commons/tcpmon/

> [...]
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:584)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
> Message = Unspecified internal server error
> LocalizedMessage = Unspecified internal server error
>

> Well, an "unspecified internal server error" doen't help me much. What does
> that mean, and does someone know how to fix it?
>
> I don't even know how to get more information on what is wrong. Server logs
> or something? Where could i look?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Elisei
>
> --
> ------------------
> Lass niemals einen PC wissen, dass Du es eilig hast!

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Help on: unspecified internal server error

Posted by Elisei Rotaru <el...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I get an unspecified internal server error from tomcat running axis2 web
service. How can i debug to see what the problem is?

Thanks in advance,

Elisei