Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike <ma...@pagemedia.fr> on 2001/12/11 10:04:49 UTC

Please Help : need to restart tomcat to use new servlet

I would like to know how to use Tomcat 3.2.3 to deploy new servlets.

Each time I modify one servlet, I need to restart Tomcat. If I didn't
restart Tomcat
it seems that the JVM keeps in memory the servlet.

If I empty Netscape or IE cache (without restarting Tomcat), the old servlet
is used.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

RE: Please Help : need to restart tomcat to use new servlet

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ma...@isallineed.org>.
Reloading is not really good in 3.2.3. For good reloading you have to use
tomcat 3.3 and set reloadable to true in your webapp.

Mvgr,
Martin