Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org> on 2018/09/19 19:53:58 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] New Beam chair: Kenneth Knowles

Hi everyone --
It is with great pleasure that I announce that at today's meeting of the
Foundation's Board of Directors, the Board has appointed Kenneth Knowles as
the second chair of the Apache Beam project.

Kenn has served on the PMC since its inception, and is very active and
effective in growing the community. His exemplary posts have been cited in
other projects. I'm super happy to have Kenn accepted the nomination, and
I'm confident that he'll serve with distinction.

As for myself, I'm not going anywhere. I'm still around and will be as
active as I have recently been. Thrilled to be able to pass the baton to
such a key member of this community and to have less administrative work to
do ;-).

Please join me in welcoming Kenn to his new role, and I ask that you
support him as much as possible. As always, please let me know if you have
any questions.

Davor

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Beam chair: Kenneth Knowles

Posted by Andrew Psaltis <ps...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Kenn!

Posted by Mark Liu <ma...@google.com>.
Thank you Davor for your hard work all the time! And congratulations Kenn!!

Posted by Huygaa Batsaikhan <ba...@google.com>.
Congrats Kenn!

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Tim Robertson <ti...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tyler Akidau <ta...@google.com>.

Posted by Yifan Zou <yi...@google.com>.
Congratulations Kenn!

Posted by Robert Burke <ro...@frantil.com>.
Congrats Kenn! :D

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rui Wang <ru...@google.com>.
Congrats!

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.
Congrats!

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.

Posted by Anton Kedin <ke...@google.com>.
Congrats!

Posted by Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com>.
Congrats Kenn!

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kai Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.
Congrats, Kenn!

Posted by Alan Myrvold <am...@google.com>.
Congrats, Kenn.

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Congrats!

Posted by Robin Qiu <ro...@google.com>.
Congratulations, Kenn!

Posted by Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
Congrats Kenn.

Posted by Łukasz Gajowy <lg...@apache.org>.
Thank you Davor and congratulations Kenn!

Łukasz

Posted by Henning Rohde <he...@google.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Gryzykhin <mi...@google.com>.
Contratulations Kenn!

Posted by Scott Wegner <sc...@apache.org>.
Congrats, Kenn!

Posted by Daniel Oliveira <da...@google.com>.

Posted by Udi Meiri <eh...@google.com>.
Congrats!

Posted by Raghu Angadi <ra...@google.com>.
Congrats Kenn!

Posted by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Baetens <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Reuven Lax <re...@google.com>.
Congratulations Kenn!

Posted by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com>.

Posted by Neelesh Salian <ne...@gmail.com>.
Congratulation Kenn!
Thank you for your continued leadership , Davor.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 12:54 PM Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone --
> It is with great pleasure that I announce that at today's meeting of the
> Foundation's Board of Directors, the Board has appointed Kenneth Knowles as
> the second chair of the Apache Beam project.
>
> Kenn has served on the PMC since its inception, and is very active and
> effective in growing the community. His exemplary posts have been cited in
> other projects. I'm super happy to have Kenn accepted the nomination, and
> I'm confident that he'll serve with distinction.
>
> As for myself, I'm not going anywhere. I'm still around and will be as
> active as I have recently been. Thrilled to be able to pass the baton to
> such a key member of this community and to have less administrative work to
> do ;-).
>
> Please join me in welcoming Kenn to his new role, and I ask that you
> support him as much as possible. As always, please let me know if you have
> any questions.
>
> Davor

Neelesh S. Salian