Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2003/02/01 23:56:24 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Discontinue Excalibur CLI [offlist]

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:

>> Commons CLI has a dependency on common.lang (used for String to type
>> conversion) and commons.lang has no dependencies. If you don't need
>> command line argument string value to type conversion then you don't
>> need to worry about commons.lang.  But anyway, I don't see that a
>> dependency to commons.lang as a problem.
>

> I find Commons lang really cool. Finally useful sugar for String
> utilities.
>
> Oh, and it also has a NestableException too, we have the cascading
> one...  we should decide if it makes sense to move to that eventually
> for A5 (no comment snow please, just a note).

Nicols:

I wrote almost the same thing - instead I noted the string to type
conversion scattered all around the place (DefaultConfiguration,
Parameters, etc), suggesting that this could be consolidated against
commons lang.  Then I snipped the paragraph on the grounds that I was
asking for trouble ;-).

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell