Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net> on 2007/03/01 22:22:09 UTC

Where to report MyFaces 1.1.5 (major) bug? (problem with facet tag)

Using a facet tag inside a datatable for a column header has been broken
(worked before, now does not).  I searched the wiki but did not see a place
I could post a bug.

If you do something like this:

                <h:column>
                    <f:facet name="header">
                        <h:outputText value="Part #"/>
                    </f:facet>
                    <h:outputText value="#{var.partNum}"/>
                </h:column>

you get a duplicate ID error.  the f:facet tag seems to be the culprit.

The page displays properly on load but if you come back to the page, there
will be an exception thrown citing duplicate ID's.  Notice there are no use
of id's.  The duplicate ID problem is due to MyFaces generated id's.

not sure how to fix this but you would be wise to not upgrade to 1.1.5 just
yet until this is fixed.

Re: Where to report MyFaces 1.1.5 (major) bug? (problem with facet tag)

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
But there are examples showing this works just perfectly in our demo
app - you find it on www.irian.at, click on products, myfaces and then
tomahawk-examples latest build.

regards,

Martin

On 3/1/07, Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net> wrote:

> Using a facet tag inside a datatable for a column header has been broken
> (worked before, now does not).  I searched the wiki but did not see a place
> I could post a bug.
>
> If you do something like this:
>
>                 <h:column>
>                     <f:facet name="header">
>                         <h:outputText value="Part #"/>
>                     </f:facet>
>                     <h:outputText value="#{var.partNum}"/>
>                 </h:column>
>
> you get a duplicate ID error.  the f:facet tag seems to be the culprit.
>
> The page displays properly on load but if you come back to the page, there
> will be an exception thrown citing duplicate ID's.  Notice there are no use
> of id's.  The duplicate ID problem is due to MyFaces generated id's.
>
> not sure how to fix this but you would be wise to not upgrade to 1.1.5 just
> yet until this is fixed.

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Where to report MyFaces 1.1.5 (major) bug? (problem with facet tag)

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,

see
http://myfaces.apache.org/issue-tracking.html