Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anders Jacobsen <st...@pings.dk> on 2004/09/02 22:10:15 UTC

Datagrid lige funktionallity

Hi!

I have been  developing on ASP.NET for quite some time now. But for some
reason im going to develope on the J2EE platfrom using Struts.

The web application primary job is to update customer information and so
forth. Almost all pages will need a (refering to asp.net) datagrid like
functionality. For you not knowing asp.net its a list wich can be edited eg
by push a [edit] button. Now the row is editable and the individual fields
can be edited or the whole row can be deleted.

I have read the book Pro Jakarta Struts the last to nights and for me (with
_no_ hans on experince) it seems quite cumbersome to implement this
functionality. In .net you can accomplish this within an hour. Am i wrong.?
And more importantly (since AM going to use Struts) how do I do this the
"best" way? Any suggestions? Links / tutorials wich shows best practice?

Thanks for your help (Have heard that the Struts mailing list is quite
helpsome so im looking forward to participate :) )
Reagards
Anders Jacobsen

Re: Datagrid lige funktionallity

Posted by Vic <vi...@portalvu.com>.
Welcome. After you get used to it, you will find yourself more
productive in Java.
Check out this:

http://displaytag.sourceforge.net

I'd call that best practice.

.V

--
Please post on Rich Internet Applications User Interface (RiA/SoA)
<http://www.portalvu.com>