Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org> on 2017/07/07 19:42:11 UTC

Volunteer: Apache MADlib 1.12 (incubating) release manager

MADlib dev,

I'm not sure if one has been identified and even though I am not a
committer on the project, I would like to volunteer my services to be the
release manager for the upcoming Apache MADlib 1.12 (incubating). I have
served in this capacity for the Apache HAWQ 2.1.0.0-incubating release
(references below). I have had the chance to review several of the
previous MADlib releases. I am looking forward to hone my ASF skill set and
this looks like a very good opportunity.

Regards,
-=e

My release manager participation references:
Apache HAWQ 2.1.0.0-incubating dev voting thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9d3025c12dc032437d1317d662f0e4434754c00258ca1abdd5c0ab9f@%3Cdev.hawq.apache.org%3E

Apache HAWQ 2.1.0.0-incubating IPMC voting thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1636e892b95475fe0af130d83fa457c3e8bfa0aaaad26f695f6faac0@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

--
*Ed Espino*

Re: Volunteer: Apache MADlib 1.12 (incubating) release manager

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Thank you Frankie. I'm really looking forward to this opportunity.

Thank you Trevor for the kind words. Don't be surprised if I take you up on
your offer sometime in the future.

To prepare, I will review MADlib's release process.

Talk to you soon,
-=e

Ed Espino
Director, Pivotal Technical Staff
Cell: 925.389.4640
WeChat ID: EdEspino

Re: Volunteer: Apache MADlib 1.12 (incubating) release manager

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Ed,

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
... that's a very nice gesture-