Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org> on 2007/09/28 07:30:25 UTC

Stumped on a complicated question

I am getting the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine

On this line 81 of
org.ofbiz.service.engine.GenericEngineFactory.getGenericEngine:

  Class c = loader.loadClass(className);

I am running ofbiz as a standalone app, similiar to java ofbiz.jar -pos

I don't get this problem when I run Ofbiz normally using the same "login"
service.

Somehow, it appears as if ofbiz-service.jar is not on the class path or
cannot be accessed.  I even went so far as to copy it into my lib directory
with my jar file where it is referenced by my ofbiz-component.xml as:

    <classpath type="jar" location="dist/*"/>
    <classpath type="jar" location="dist/lib/*"/>

No joy.  I am referencing lots of other Ofbiz jar files and they all load
just fine, for example ofbiz-base.jar, ofbiz-security.jar, and
ofbiz-party.jar.  For some reason, the class loader will not load the
service engine.  I only get a problem when I try to call a service with
"dispatcher.runSync()".  I have been successfully reading and writing the
the database via GenericDelegator without problem.  Just when I try to run a
service.

This is running under windows, jdk 1.5 and the Ofbiz version of a week ago.

For completeness, here is my containers.xml file:

<ofbiz-containers xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.ofbiz.org/dtds/ofbiz-containers.xs
d">
    <!-- load the ofbiz component container (always first) -->
    <container name="component-container"
class="org.ofbiz.base.container.ComponentContainer"/>

    <!-- load the cached classloader container (always second) -->
    <container name="classloader-container"
class="org.ofbiz.base.container.ClassLoaderContainer"/>

    <!-- load the FS Sales Order Entry GUI -->
    <container name="fssoe-container" class="com.fs.FSSoeContainer">
        <property name="startup-directory"
value="/specialpurpose/fs/config/"/>
        <property name="dispatcher-name" value="FSSoeDispatcher"/>
        <property name="delegator-name" value="default"/>
    </container>

</ofbiz-containers>

Anyone have a clue.  I'd hate to do this thing entirely without using the
Ofbiz services.

Skip

RE: Stumped on a complicated question

Posted by Skip <sk...@thedevers.org>.
For those of you who are interested in this low level stuff, here is a
solution to the classpath issue.  If anyone wants ClassPathUpdate class,
just shoot me an email:

public class main
{
	public main(String[] args)
	{

		ClassLoader loader = ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader();
		if(loader instanceof URLClassLoader)
		{
			//For convenience so we don't have to cast everything
			URLClassLoader urlLoader = (URLClassLoader)loader;

			//Get the existing jars in the class path and show them
			URL [] urls = urlLoader.getURLs();
			showUrls(urls, "Before");

			System.out.println("Trying to add url
C:\\jdk1.5\\jre\\lib\\ext.sav\\servlet.jar");
			try
			{
				//Add a new one
				ClassPathUpdater.addFile("C:\\jdk1.5\\jre\\lib\\ext.sav\\servlet.jar",
urlLoader);
				System.out.println("!!!!!Success");

				//Show the results after
				urls = urlLoader.getURLs();
				showUrls(urls, "\nAfter");
			}
			catch(Exception e)
			{
				e.printStackTrace();
			}

		}
		else
		{
			System.out.println(loader.getClass().getName() + " is not a
URLClassLoader");
		}
	}

And here is the results of the run,  Note that the added file "servlet.jar"
is now in the classpath in the "After" block:

...test>java -cp test.jar main
Before, Got 1 URLs = :
URL[0] = file:/D:/JavaProjects/ClassLoader/test/test.jar

Trying to add url C:\jdk1.5\jre\lib\ext.sav\servlet.jar
!!!!!Success

After, Got 2 URLs = :
URL[0] = file:/D:/JavaProjects/ClassLoader/test/test.jar
URL[1] = file:/C:/jdk1.5/jre/lib/ext.sav/servlet.jar

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Oh your doing custom stuff.
can't help there.

Skip sent the following on 9/28/2007 9:15 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
did you check the log to see of services is getting loaded.
(main) [            UtilXml.java:243:DEBUG] XML Read 0.047s:
file:/C:/projects/java/digiresourcesllc/framework/service/ofbiz-component.xml

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.