Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Jason S. Friedman" <ja...@powerpull.net> on 2003/03/13 23:07:13 UTC

javax.servlet.ServletException: ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver

I searched the list archives and the web and, while I found folks with a similar issue, none of those posts had an answer that worked for me.

The error message is:
javax.servlet.ServletException: ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver

I'm running RH8.0, Apache Tomcat/4.1.18-LE-jdk14, and Postgresql7.3.  The file compiles and runs without error from my IDE (netbeans) and from the command line and I can get other servlets to run.

I've tried putting a link to /usr/share/pgsql/jdbc7.2dev-1.2.jar into the directory containing my class file and also in the following directories:

./server/webapps/admin/WEB-INF/lib/
./server/lib/
./common/lib/
./shared/lib/
./common/classes

I've reloaded my webapp with each change.

Thank you