Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl> on 2017/01/30 12:03:18 UTC

Re: Current status of IPv6 in Basic Networking

Hi,

Just wanted to inform people that my IPv6 code for KVM Basic Networking has been merged: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/f10c8bfe0c99a762c2606459413a47219614e775

This means that starting from CS 4.10 you can use IPv6 in KVM Instances and also provide Security Grouping in the same way as IPv4 can.

Much is still to be done, but this is a major step for IPv6 in CloudStack.

I will be working on documentation and some updated API calls so that you can enable IPv6 for existing networks without fiddling with the database manually.

Testing is very, very welcome! Please refer to the commit messages for now as documentation. I tried to be as descriptive as possible.

Wido