Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/01/10 22:07:24 UTC

Re: [OT] Re: Please test Perl 5.8.3 RC1

[Issac, you forgot to hit Reply-All button]

Issac Goldstand wrote:
 > Not really mod_perl question... But out of curiosity, anyone know why the
 > sudden flurry of 5.8 releases?  3 in under six months!

So that you get the latest fixes and improvements earlier. Just the normal
'release often' part of the open source software methodology.

I'm asking you to test your code, because most folks on this list probably
don't realize how many people worked many extra hours to get 5.8.0, 5.8.1 and
5.8.2 work with mod_perl. 5.8.3 didn't introduce big changes and it seems that
no extra work is required this time, for a change. But still please make sure
things work for you.