Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Monica_G <mg...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/23 22:54:35 UTC

CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE and Sessions

Hi,

How do sessions work with Camel?  Is there only one message consumed per
session?

I've set the acknowledgment mode to be CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE via the
JmsComponent  http://camel.apache.org/jms.html
(http://camel.apache.org/jms.html) .  However, I read the following on the
http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/bncfu.html#bncfw sun jms site

"Session.CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE: A client acknowledges a message by calling the
message’s
acknowledge method. In this mode, acknowledgment takes place on the session
level:
Acknowledging a consumed message automatically acknowledges the receipt of
all
messages that have been consumed by its session. For example, if a message
consumer
consumes ten messages and then acknowledges the fifth message delivered, all
ten messages
are acknowledged."

If camel only consumes one message per session then I'm golden.  I did some
local tests, and this appears to be the case, but I wanted to double check
here in case I missed something.

Thank you,

Monica

Re: CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE and Sessions