Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/19 05:54:54 UTC

Re: possible highlighter limits?

On 17-Apr-08, at 11:09 PM, Martijn Dekkers wrote:
> Mike, you are a saint! thanks - we actually had this defined, but
> somewhat
> wrongly: typo (hangs head in shame)

It is quite a common problem.  I wonder if Solr couldn't provide a
mode that warned loudly of unknown parameters (seems tricky, though a
version of SolrParams that tracked parameter access and could be asked
for keys that were never access would do the trick).

-Mike

RE: indexing text containing xml tags

Posted by "Norskog, Lance" <la...@divvio.com>.
We wrap everything in CDATA tags. Works great.

Posted by Saurabh Kataria <sk...@ist.psu.edu>.
Thanks Shalin. That worked. Also, I will make sure that the next time I post to the right mailing list :).

Saurabh.

wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am having a problem while indexing my document. A very typical field of
> my document looks like:

> Form of a
> Thieno-1,2,4-triazolo-1,4-diazepine in Water</field>
>
> solr has a problem indexing this because of the xml tags. I was wondering
> if there is any way that I can index this field "title" without stripping
> off my tags. If anyone could help me out, that wld be great.
>
> Thanks,
> SK.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: indexing text containing xml tags

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am having a problem while indexing my document. A very typical field of
> my document looks like:

> Form of a
> Thieno-1,2,4-triazolo-1,4-diazepine in Water</field>
>
> solr has a problem indexing this because of the xml tags. I was wondering
> if there is any way that I can index this field "title" without stripping
> off my tags. If anyone could help me out, that wld be great.
>
> Thanks,
> SK.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: indexing text containing xml tags

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am having a problem while indexing my document. A very typical field of
> my document looks like:

> Form of a
> Thieno-1,2,4-triazolo-1,4-diazepine in Water</field>
>
> solr has a problem indexing this because of the xml tags. I was wondering
> if there is any way that I can index this field "title" without stripping
> off my tags. If anyone could help me out, that wld be great.
>
> Thanks,
> SK.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

indexing text containing xml tags

unused params -- was: Re: possible highlighter limits?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: It is quite a common problem.  I wonder if Solr couldn't provide a mode that
: warned loudly of unknown parameters (seems tricky, though a version of
: SolrParams that tracked parameter access and could be asked for keys that were
: never access would do the trick).

Could be done in debug mode ... handleRequest could say if debugQuery=true
then wrap the params with a RecordLookupSolrParamWarapper.  when
generating the debug output fetch the list of all params used from the
wrapper, diff that with the params specified, and include the diff in the
debug output.

(if your query isn't working the way you expect, first thing you should do
is debugQuery=true anyway)

-Hoss