Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Santosh Shet <sa...@vista-one-solutions.com> on 2013/11/25 08:51:29 UTC

While inserting data into Cassandra using Hector client

Hi,

I am getting below error while inserting data into Cassandra using Hector client.

me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HInvalidRequestException: InvalidRequestException(why:Not enough bytes to read value of component 0)

I am facing this problem after upgrading Cassandra from 1.2.3 to version 2.0.2. Earlier I was able to insert data using same code.

Below are the scripts used to create keyspace and table.

CREATE KEYSPACE demo_one
         WITH REPLICATION = {'class' : 'SimpleStrategy', 'replication_factor': 1};

CREATE TABLE investmentvehicle(key text PRIMARY KEY);

Could you provide some inputs to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,
Santosh Shet
Software Engineer | VistaOne Solutions
Direct India : +91 80 30273829 | Mobile India : +91 8105720582
Skype : santushet

RE: While inserting data into Cassandra using Hector client

Posted by Santosh Shet <sa...@vista-one-solutions.com>.
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have created CF using thrift interface(Cassandra-cli) and this error is resolved.

Hector is designed to use Column Families created via the thrift interface, e.g. using cassandra-cli

Cheers

Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton