Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Ulrich Kuester <Ul...@uni-jena.de> on 2005/07/07 08:39:37 UTC

Admin portlet request

Hi,

I had an invalid portlet.xml file which prevented my portlet from being
deployed correctly by the admin portlet.

from my stdout.log:

deploying 'fixtest' ...
finished!
prepare web archive 'fixtest' ...
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found
starting with element 'portlet-preferences'. One of
'{"http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd":portlet,
"http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd":custom-portlet-mode,
"http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd":custom-window-state,
"http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd":user-attribute,
"http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd":security-constraint}'
is expected.
	at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
Source)

This exception apparantly resulted in the servlet wrapper not being created in
my web.xml file (web.xml was unchanged), so my portlet of course wouldn't work.
Nevertheless the admin portlet stated that my portlet had been deployed
correctly.
Would it be possible to give an error message if an exception is thrown while
the admin portlet tries to deploy a portlet?

greetings,

Uli

This mail was sent through http://webmail.uni-jena.de

Re: Admin portlet request

Posted by Craig Doremus <cr...@maine.com>.
Ulrich,

Thanks for the info. I have created a bug in Jira (PLUTO_136) to deal
with this and should be able to get the fix into Subversion pretty soon.
/Craig