Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Rajiv M <rm...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/03 07:52:35 UTC

Re: Geronimo ClassLoader Architecture

Hello,

I'm not sure if you followed this article while working with M5.

1) But if you need to make JNDI calls for EJB lookup, you need to follow
certain steps as mentioned in the article
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ag-corba1/

2) Otherwise you can make a pure RMI lookup ie, do not use the
PortableRemoteObject.narrow(...) in the EJB client.
example:
     Object obj = ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/ejbs/HelloHome");
     HelloHome ejbHome = (HelloHome) obj; //PortableRemoteObject.narrow(obj,
HelloHome.class);

I used to get the same error on AG 1.0 while using the narrow(..) method.
Once it was commented it works as a pure RMI lookup. But if u need to make a
JNDI lookup the article should guide you.

thanks,
rajiv

--
~~~Truth is out there.~~~