Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Erwin Hogeweg <er...@me.com> on 2020/01/17 18:53:54 UTC

4.2.8-SNAPSHOT - StackOverflowError in 'whoami' after switching user.

Just FYI - I ran into a SOE while testing the jaas:su function. See below.

It is not a show-stopper for me but I just wanted to let you know.

Cheers,

Erwin

karaf@root()> whoami
Name
─────
karaf
karaf@root()> jaas:su --realm my_jdbc_realm erwin
Password: ****
…
erwin@root()> whoami
[Karaf local console user erwin] ERROR org.apache.karaf.shell.support.ShellUtil - Exception caught while executing command
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.StackOverflowError
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
	at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.CommandSessionImpl$JobImpl.run(CommandSessionImpl.java:855)

Re: 4.2.8-SNAPSHOT - StackOverflowError in 'whoami' after switching user.

Posted by jb...@nanthrax.net.
It's a known issue also impacting sudo.

It will be fixed for 4.2.9.

Regards