Posted to user@stdcxx.apache.org by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2006/09/22 16:34:20 UTC

Problem running stdcxx tests on Linux

I've built optimised and debug versions of stdcxx on Linux and I've built
the tests as described in Section 7 of the README. However, I'm having
trouble working out whether they worked or not. There were no obvious errors
before I did the gmake run to execute the tests. The run produces the
results below. (I've attached a file with the results in as well in case
that preserves the formatting a little better.)

My main question is what happened? It looks like all the tests failed, but
there are no error messages. Is there a log file somewhere that I could look
at?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

--- NAME               STATUS ASSRTS   HIGH  DELTA FAILED    LOW RGRESS
PERCNT

  1 0.printf           FORMAT      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

  2 18.limits.traps         1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

  3 19.cerrno               1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

  4 2.smartptrared          1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

  5 2.smartptr.weak         1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

  6 21.string.assign        1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

  7 21.string.insert        1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

  8 22.locale.money.ge      1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

  9 22.locale.money.pu      1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 10 22.locale.num.get       1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 11 22.locale.num.put       1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 12 25.adjacent.find        1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 13 25.copy                 1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 14 25.equal                1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 15 25.fill                 1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 16 25.find.end             1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 17 25.find.first           1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 18 25.find                 1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 19 25.for.each             1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 20 25.generate             1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 21 25.mismatch             1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

 22 26.c.math               1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

---                         1      0      0      0      0      0      0
0%

                        FAIL   COMP   LINK ASSERT   CORE   KILL RGRESS

                           21      0      0      0      0      0      0

Re: Problem running stdcxx tests on Linux

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Geoffrey Winn wrote:
> Thank you both for that quick reply. I'm really trying to establish that I
> have a sound stdcxx build, installation and so forth. I'm not worried about
> some bugs in the code - especially if you already know about them :-)
>
> What concerned me in this case was the appearance that _all_ the tests had
> failed totally which suggested that something much more basic had gone
> wrong
> eg I had never built the library correctly in the first place.

I understand, it would worry me too. I would suggest giving
the examples a try instead of the tests, they should all be
fine and should give you at least some degree of confidence
in the build. Again, feel free to ask if you see any issues.

Martin

Posted by Geoffrey Winn <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.

Posted by Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com>.
Greetings Geoffrey.

Test output is stored in a file named like '<testname>.out', residing in
the tests subdirectory of your build directory, along side the test.
For example, the output for the '18.limits.traps' test would be saved as
'18.limits.traps.out'.

The 'STATUS' column in the output indicates the exit code that the test
terminated with.  In this case, the tests exited with a status code of 1.

I believe the cause of the behavior you are experiencing is a bug in the
makefile infrastructure (STDCXX-254).  This bug has been fixed in
subversion.  You should be able to pull the patch from JIRA (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-254 ) and apply it to your
source directory.

--Andrew Black