Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Frank DeChellis <fr...@iaw.on.ca> on 2008/12/31 15:19:56 UTC

2 weird errors ... Might be interconnected

Hi there,

We are running Spamassassin 3.2.1.  I am getting these error messages
repeatedly but I can¹t find where to specify the directory:

spam-filter spamd[9476]: auto-whitelist: open of auto-whitelist file failed:
locker: safe_lock: cannot create lockfile
/nonexistent/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.mutex: No such file or directory

bayes: cannot open bayes databases
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes_* R/W: lock failed: Interrupted
system call

We have the file auto-whitelist.mutex in the ~root/.spamassassin directory.
I don;t see another file with that name on our system.

Our directory with all the .cf files is /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin

Our bayes directory is /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes

Here is the command line used to start spamd:

/usr/local/bin/spamd -Q -u spamd -H /var/spool/spamd -d -r
/var/run/spamd/spamd.pid -m 45 -i 69.49.xx.xx -A 69.49.xx.xx -p 783
(perl5.8.8)

I am not sure what else to include here that would be helpful.

Files in my bayes directory are being updated so I know it¹s seeing the
directory.

Does anybody have any idea how I can lose those error messages?

Thanks
Frank

Frank DeChellis
President, Internet Access Worldwide