Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Zakharov, Vasily M" <va...@intel.com> on 2006/05/29 19:36:19 UTC

Changing Derby transaction isolation level

Hi, all,

Can I somehow change the transaction isolation level for built-in Derby
database?

The "DB Info" page in Geronimo console states:

Default Transaction Isolation   dirty reads are prevented;
non-repeatable reads and phantom reads can occur

and I'd like to somehow change it to "dirty reads and non-repeatable
reads are prevented; phantom reads can occur".

Is it possible?

Thank you!

Vasily Zakharov
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: Changing Derby transaction isolation level

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.
Zakharov, Vasily M wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> Can I somehow change the transaction isolation level for built-in Derby
> database?
>
> The "DB Info" page in Geronimo console states:
>
> Default Transaction Isolation   dirty reads are prevented;
> non-repeatable reads and phantom reads can occur
>
> and I'd like to somehow change it to "dirty reads and non-repeatable
> reads are prevented; phantom reads can occur".
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Vasily Zakharov
> Intel Middleware Products Division

The default transaction isolation level for Derby is READ_COMMITTED.
This can be overriden on an per-connection basis using the Derby SQL
statement:  SET [CURRENT] ISOLATION = <desired isolation>
or by invoking the desired transaction isolation method of
java.sql.Connection.

There is more information about Derby isolation levels at:

 http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/devguide/cdevconcepts22300.html