Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Benoit Jacquemont <be...@smile.fr> on 2001/06/18 12:05:38 UTC

Table comment

Hi everybody,

I made a little change to the Table object
(org.apache.turbine.torque.engine.database.model.Table) that allow the use of
a comment attribute. It can be retrieved from the XML file that describe the
database structure.
I know that Oracle can stored comment for table.

I joined the path file.

I scheduled to do the same (i.e. comment attribute) for the Column object
(org.apache.turbine.torque.engine.database.model.Column), and some other
changes listed below:
- getJavaAttributeName : return the name of the column following the JavaBean
naming convention: word1Word2. Very useful to generate JavaBean
- getStandardObjectType : return the Java object type associated to the
column type. It is different from getJavaNative, because it returns only
standard java.lang type, not DateKey or StringKey, etc... The type returns
can only be Object and not primitive type (Integer instead of int, Double
instead of double...).
- getStandardType : return the Java type, including primitive type, but not
the xxxxKey type.
- hasDefaultValue : return true if the default value has been set for the
column. False otherwise.

That's all (for the moment ;-)).

I'm waiting for your comments.

TIA

Benoît

Re: Table comment

Posted by Benoit Jacquemont <be...@smile.fr>.
Hi,

I finished the modification I described below on the Column.java object.

I attached the patch file.

Benoît

Re: Table comment

Posted by Benoit Jacquemont <be...@smile.fr>.