Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Harper <ro...@iat-cti.com> on 2006/08/10 21:17:09 UTC

Using Tomcat's internal bean server.

I've tried this before so let me rephrase this.

I am using Tomcat to perform the authentication and I have an app that is
adding new users to the tomcat-users database just fine. The problem is that
I'd like to get the role and group attributes back. I would rather not keep
the information in another database and just use the existing MBean. The
"Users:type=UserDatabase,database=UserDatabase" bean only has methods for
finding users and getting their full names.

Is there some way to do this or can I change the mbeans-descriptors.xml file
to add methods I need that wrap the UserDatabase.getGroups() and
UserDatabase.getRoles() methods?

Robert S. Harper
Senior Engineer
Information Access Technology, Inc.
1100 East 6600 South, Suite 300
Salt Lake City Utah USA 84121-7411

(801)265-8800 Ext. 255
FAX (801)265-8880

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. Any review, retransmission, or action taken
upon this information by persons other than the intended recipient is
prohibited by law. If you received this communication in error, please
contact us immediately at 801-265-8800. Although this e-mail and any
attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that anything received or opened
is virus free. No responsibility is accepted by IAT for any loss or damage
in the event that such a virus or defect exists.