Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Swanson, Brion" <Br...@westgroup.com> on 2001/02/27 22:26:35 UTC

DOMImplementation.createDocumentType ()

I'm trying to create an empty doctype that looks like:

<!DOCTYPE foo SYSTEM "uri://location">

...but all I can manage to create is:

<!DOCTYPE foo PUBLIC "uri://location" "">

using DOMImplementation.createDocumentType ().

Is is possible to create a 'SYSTEM' doctype like this, or can you only
create 'PUBLIC' doctypes with DOMImplementation?

Thank you for your help,

Brion Swanson
-------------
Software Engineer
West Group
Rochester, NY

Re: DOMImplementation.createDocumentType ()

Posted by se...@cern.ch.
"Swanson, Brion" wrote:

> I'm trying to create an empty doctype that looks like:
>
> <!DOCTYPE foo SYSTEM "uri://location">
>
> ...but all I can manage to create is:
>
> <!DOCTYPE foo PUBLIC "uri://location" "">
>
> using DOMImplementation.createDocumentType ().
>
> Is is possible to create a 'SYSTEM' doctype like this, or can you only
> create 'PUBLIC' doctypes with DOMImplementation?

Here is how I create new documents, if it can help :

    DocumentType documentType = new DocumentTypeImpl(null, null, null,
dtdName);
    document = new DocumentImpl(documentType);

It creates documents with a "SYSTEM" keyword.

Sebastien