Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Kunchakarra Prasad <Pr...@arbitron.com> on 2003/03/29 02:16:53 UTC

Problems With Role Updates

I am running into problems while updating the roles of a user. Based on your
instructions, I have configured Jetspeed to work with LDAP directory server.
In fact, I have integrated with Iplanet Directory Server 5.1 instead of
OpenLDAP. I am running into to problem while saving multiple associating
mutiple roles to a single user. The exact problem is as follows:

When I try to assign a user to more than one single role, the last role gets
saved. i.e at any time only one single role is being saved. When I tried to
debug the underying problem noticed the following:

Usergrouprole attribute is declared as a single value attribute instead of a
multi-valued. I changed the usergrouprole to multi-value, and added multiple
roles from an LDAP browser. When I retrieve the roles from Jetspeed Security
Browser, I was able to see multi roles for a user. However, If I update the
roles with multi-values from the User browser, the action is deleting the
existing values and inserting only one role value.

Any hint in fixing this problem will be of great help.

Thanks
Prasad