Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Tao Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/25 08:26:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release the Apache Pegasus 2.1.0

Hi, all

This is a call for a vote to release Apache Pegasus (Incubating) version
2.1.0. Pegasus is a distributed key-value storage system that is designed
to be simple, horizontally scalable, strongly consistent, and
high-performance.

The Apache Pegasus community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release Apache Pegasus 2.1.0.

Apache Pegasus community vote thread:
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r04796d87a3f4465ce1d6478c1d804e4a2ef9f885a71b5bc3cdbf605c%40%3Cdev.pegasus.apache.org%3E>
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rcb5dc577fa790827c4455902317c7a322db51db28d1844d2257b7a32%40%3Cdev.pegasus.apache.org%3E

Vote result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r615af7064a766e4c00b33e2894a294eb13b229005c0af703232d671e%40%3Cdev.pegasus.apache.org%3E

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pegasus/2.1.0-RC5/

It is tagged in Git as 2.1.0-RC5 and the corresponding hash is the
following:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-pegasus.git;a=commit;h=7686ecef697795a1333028b14072472d920d8d19

KEYS file available:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pegasus/KEYS

For information about the contents of this release, see:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ul5W0ViA6HK0h4blu3PD2JKnUR_8SSViHXQmmzHyew8/edit?usp=sharing>
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/cxbZCQ

It'd be appreciated if you could help validate this release candidate.
Please follow this doc to learn the validation process:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/qhnZCQ

The compilation doc is here:
http://pegasus.apache.org/en/docs/build/compile-by-docker/

The vote will be open for 72 hours.
    [ ] +1 approve
    [ ] +0 no opinion
    [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Best regards
Tao Wu

Re: [VOTE] Release the Apache Pegasus 2.1.0

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
Oh, thank you for the information. I haven't seen a Dockerfile in the
source...

Let me have a try.

Tao Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2020年11月26日周四 下午5:23写道:

Posted by Tao Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Duo,

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1(binding)

Posted by vongosling <fe...@gmail.com>.

--
Nothing is impossible

Re: [VOTE] Release the Apache Pegasus 2.1.0

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding) but it would be good to see progress on adding all license information / fixing all headers

I checked:
- incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER (WIP) exists
- LICENSE is missing some licenses
- NOTICE seems OK
- Unclear if all ASF source files have ASF headers. It would be best to have a clearer separation of 3rd party code and ASF code if possible.

In the rsdn directory I’m slightly confused by the content of CONTRIBUTING.md and the LICENSE file containing the MIT license. Should that file be in the top level?

Thanks,
Justin