Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Sara Frongillo <s....@itsys.it> on 2003/07/21 16:46:30 UTC

passing object from Velocity Template to Servlet

HI,
I have a question:
How do I do to pass object from Velocity Template to Servlet??
I know to pass object from Servlet to Template using context but no vice versa.

thanks in advance

_________________________________
Sara Frongillo
Software Development Department
I.T.Sys srl
Information Technology Systems
Tel. +39 089 2580977
Email s.frongillo@itsys.it
www http://www.nexsoft.it

Re: passing object from Velocity Template to Servlet

Posted by Ch...@dlr.de.
After the template processing the servlet has a handle on
the possibly modified context.

You can also use the HttpServletRequest.getSession().setAttribute(name, value)
to make values pesistent for the session - available to the servlet
and to later requests and template processings.

--
:) Christoph Reck