Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Narayan Patil <nm...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/17 10:58:03 UTC

Connection Pooling

Hi Friends,

Can anyone please explain me how the database connection pooling is managed
in OFBIZ ?

Thanks in Advance!

Regards
Narayan Patil.

Re: F5 ( refresh of browser ) causes another item to be added to the cart

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Just do a redirect after add to cart.

-David

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
That interpretation of GET in the RFC may not be correct, and is
certainly not used in practice. If it was then hitting a URL with GET
would always result in the same response. That not true of any site
with personalization, data shown from a session, date/time text on the
page, even a hit counter. There just aren't very many HTTP resources
in the world that would qualify for that interpretation. And if it
means only server-side state and not what is returned then it is still
rarely the case, even logging the request would violate that rule.

-David

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
It's actually even easier than that... just do a client-side redirect
after the request-event in order to render the view instead of
returning the view immediately. This can be done with a handy response
type supported by the ControlServlet (in the controller.xml file).
There can be side-effects to this, so be sure to test...

You can use things to ID each rendered form and protect the
submissions based on that, but it can be quite error-prone depending
on how implemented, and for anything other than sensitive forms it is
usually not necessary. However, we could certainly implement something
like that, and using the form widget and the service event handler to
help we could make it pretty generic (ie implement once and apply
everywhere)... for FTL files and other event handlers it would require
changes for each form to support it.

-David

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ashish Nagar <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I too faced this thing.However i think it should be considered as an
issue.As if due to some browser specific problem, if a customer tries to
refresh the browser, unnecessary one extra item will be added to the
cart.Let me know if i am thinking wrong.

Regards:
--
Ashish Nagar

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Rees Watkins <ga...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi

Re: Connection Pooling

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I have not the time to explain "how", but you might be intereste to know that OFBiz trunk uses Apache DBCP
http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/
In release 4.0 Minerva was used but it has been replaced for 2 reasons: anymore supported, caused some issues.

Jacques

From: "Narayan Patil" <nm...@gmail.com>