Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Muffett <ma...@muffett.net> on 2001/08/01 13:52:08 UTC

Apache / Tomcat v3.3b1

I've just moved from Tomcat v3.3m4 to v3.3b1.  It's clear that there are some (a lot) changes in the auto-generated mod-jk.conf.

The setup before worked fine, but I can't get Apache to redirect to Tomcat for the new release, regardless of whether I use the old or new autogenerated files.

Any one had any similar problems?

Many thanks

Mark

Re: Apache / Tomcat v3.3b1

Posted by Curtis Polk <cm...@swbell.net>.
I had a quirky problem like this running on Netware.  I saved my server.xml and mod_jk.conf, and blew it away. When I reinstalled, I copied back my server.xml and
mod_jk.conf.  Then, in the Apache httpd.conf, my include line was /modules/mod_jk.conf, which correctly pointed to mod_jk.nlm, not mod_jk.so.  Then, when Tomcat
ran the first time, it generated the corrrect tomcat-apache.conf-auto.  Makes no difference, since now Apache doesn't use it anyway.  Originally,
tomcat-apache.conf-auto's line always pointed to /libexec/mod_jk.so, and I could not change its behavior.