Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Nick Cen <ce...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/08 14:40:52 UTC

Re: Does "hadoop-default.xml" + "hadoop-site.xml" matter for whole cluster or each node?

The hadoop-site.xml will take effect only on that specified node. So each
node can have its own configuration with hadoop-site.xml.

--
http://daily.appspot.com/food/

Re: Does "hadoop-default.xml" + "hadoop-site.xml" matter for whole cluster or each node?

Posted by Rasit OZDAS <ra...@gmail.com>.
Some parameters are global (I can't give an example now),
they are cluster-wide even if they're defined in hadoop-site.xml

Rasit

--
M. Raşit ÖZDAŞ

Re: Does "hadoop-default.xml" + "hadoop-site.xml" matter for whole cluster or each node?

Posted by Nick Cen <ce...@gmail.com>.

--
http://daily.appspot.com/food/

Re: Does "hadoop-default.xml" + "hadoop-site.xml" matter for whole cluster or each node?

Posted by pa...@gmail.com.