Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net> on 2015/08/10 08:49:13 UTC

Ref guide updates for 5.3

Hello everyone,

With the 5.3 release around the corner, we have a bunch of undocumented
stuff (w.r.t. the users) in the release. The link below has a list of such
features/changes that Cassandra curated from the CHANGES.txt:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+TODO+List

It would be great if we could document the stuff that we contributed, or
even better, help documenting changes we understand so we could release the
documentation for new features with the next release. Thanks.

--
Anshum Gupta

Re: Ref guide updates for 5.3

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.
I'm going to be a bit delayed on getting the first RC out for the Ref Guide.

This release is the first one since the CWIKI Confluence installation was
upgraded and while I was initially expecting it to be trouble-free, that
was misplaced hope.

At the current time, the PDF drafts I have made are missing several
screenshots of the Admin UI, and I'm still working through how to fix the
problem. I suspect it has to do with the images being larger than the page
and the new Confluence version is not handling that situation properly and
scaling the images.

So, I'll keep working through it to see if I can find the cause & proper
solution. It might be another day or two before I can get it all
straightened out.

Cassandra

Re: Ref guide updates for 5.3

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.