Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by paulranger <ra...@southernphone.com.au> on 2020/01/22 01:07:06 UTC

Page Print orientation

I have created a Writer document in portrait format which appears like this on screen
 .

Pressing Format/Page… opens this window
 showing page orientation as portrait.

After checking File/Page Preview prior to printing document, page is shown in portrait orientation.

However, after pressing File/Print, this dialogue window appears showing the document to be printed in landscape orientation
 - there is no option to select portrait orientation.

Can anyone suggest how I can overcome this print problem, please?0

Sincerely, paulranger.

Re: Page Print orientation

Posted by Richard Beeston <ar...@bigpond.com>.
Hi Paul

How have you created the data that is on the right hand side of the document. By that I mean have you used the “Tab” button or typed it using right correct where the other side has been “left correct”.

Thanks
Richard Beeston

Re: Page Print orientation

Posted by David Robley <ro...@gmail.com>.
I can barely see the contents of the images, but... Is there a dropdown
list to the right of the selection for Presets (I think that is what it
reads); what do you get if you change the settings there?

You probably need to consult your printer documentation for more
information on changing the page orientation.

On 22/1/20 11:37 am, paulranger wrote:
> I have created a Writer document in portrait format which appears like
> this on screen
>  .
>
> Pressing Format/Page… opens this window
>  showing page orientation as portrait.
>
> After checking File/Page Preview prior to printing document, page is
> shown in portrait orientation.
>
> However, after pressing File/Print, this dialogue window appears
> showing the document to be printed in landscape orientation
>  - there is no option to select portrait orientation.
>
> Can anyone suggest how I can overcome this print problem, please?0
>
> Sincerely, paulranger.

Cheers
--
David Robley

"I've been out picking fruit," said Tom with aplomb.

Re: Page Print orientation

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 12:07 22/01/2020 +1100, Paul Ranger wrote:
>I have created a Writer document in portrait
>format which appears like this on screen
>[...]
>Pressing Format/Page… opens this window
>[...]
>showing page orientation as portrait.
>
>After checking File/Page Preview prior to
>printing document, page is shown in portrait orientation.
>[...]
>
>However, after pressing File/Print, this
>dialogue window appears showing the document to
>be printed in landscape orientation
>[...] - there is no option to select portrait orientation.
>
>Can anyone suggest how I can overcome this print problem, please?

Er, ditch your Mac and buy a PC? ;^)

The Print dialogue should have a number of tabs,
including Page Layout, which should reveal your
problem. Why does your Mac fail in doing this?
Perhaps you can get to the same functionality
using some of the controls on the Print dialogue you do see?

You appear to have set your document to print as
a Brochure. You could disable this on the Page
Layout tab, if there were one. Go to Tools |
Options... (er, that's Preferences on a Mac) |
OpenOffice Writer | Print | Pages and remove the
tick from Brochure. Alternatively, go to File |
Printer Settings... | Options... | Pages and do the same thing.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Page Print orientation

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2020-01-22 2:35 a.m., Brian Barker wrote:
> You appear to have set your document to print as a Brochure.

In the File/Print dialogue window click on "More" and then uncheck "brochure".

      Larry I. Gusaas

*Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan   Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

“To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the
significance of an event as well as of a precise organization of forms which give that event
its proper expression.” — Henri Cartier-Bresson

“An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs.” - Edgard Varese *