Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matthew Daubenspeck <ma...@oddprocess.org> on 2007/08/09 14:07:09 UTC

Test Bayes?

I've been running spamassassin along with a bayes setup for (literally)
years on the same server. I'm using a MySQL backend that appears to be
working wonderfully. However, I have been seeing a lot of the same spam
over and over, even after having bayes learn about them. Is this normal?

Is there a way I can actually test the bayes data to be sure that it is
working properly? The bayes_seen table currently has 1,129,184 records
and is changing all the time, so SOMETHING is happening. For the most
part I have been using a mutt macro to learn spam/ham with sa-learn
--spam --single and --ham respectively...
--
  Matthew Daubenspeck
  http://oddprocess.org

Gentoo Linux x86_64 Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 165
08:01:33 up 20 days, 11:51, 2 users, load average: 0.17, 0.06, 0.02