Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by shikharraje <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/21 15:25:08 UTC

Correct build process for Ignite

Hi,

I am trying to build Ignite after cloning from Github. From the parent
directory (i.e. containing folders assembly, bin, config, dev-tools, etc.),
I tried the following commands:

mvn clean
mvn install
mvn package
mvn eclipse:eclipse
mvn clean install -Pall-java,all-scala,licenses -DskipTests (from
DEVNOTES.txt)

However, every time the build for "ignite-core" fails with the following
message:

Failed to execute goal on project ignite-core: Could not resolve
dependencies for project org.apache.ignite:ignite-core:jar:2.5.0-SNAPSHOT:
The following artifacts could not be resolved:
org.apache.ignite.binary:test1:jar:1.1,
org.apache.ignite.binary:test2:jar:1.1: Failure to find
org.apache.ignite.binary:test1:jar:1.1 in
http://moo-nexus.wdf.sap.corp:8081/nexus/content/groups/public.group/ was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

Could someone please guide me on how to run Maven in the project directory
correctly, so that I may be able to import all the modules into Eclipse and
browse the source?

Thank You

Re: Correct build process for Ignite

Posted by "sanjaykudash@gmail.com" <sa...@gmail.com>.
i am also getting the below error

Downloading from central:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/classworlds/classworlds/1.1/classworlds-1.1.jar
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:2.5.4 or one of its dependencies could
not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved:
org.apache.maven:maven-core:jar:2.0.7,
org.apache.maven:maven-settings:jar:2.0.7,
org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-parameter-documenter:jar:2.0.7,
org.apache.maven:maven-profile:jar:2.0.7,
org.apache.maven:maven-model:jar:2.0.7,
org.apache.maven:maven-artifact:jar:2.0.7,
org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-container-default:jar:1.0-alpha-9-stable-1,
org.apache.maven:maven-

Re: Correct build process for Ignite

Posted by Stanislav Lukyanov <st...@gmail.com>.
It looks like you have some issues with your maven installation. Make sure
you're able to build some simple projects, e.g. go over the maven guide
https://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/.

Stan

Re: Correct build process for Ignite

Posted by Andrey Kornev <an...@hotmail.com>.
I suspect this happens because you have a repository mirror defined in your .m2/settings.xml that matches all repos. For example:

  <mirrors>
    <mirror>
      <id>my-mirror</id>
      <name>my-repo</name>
      <url>http://acme.com/my-repo</url>
      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>
  </mirrors>

________________________________
Build works for me (and most likely for everyone else as there are no
complaints), so it looks like your local issue. I would try the following:
- Clean up local Maven repo.
- Run without custom setting.xml
- Run with verbose output to see if Maven provides more details on the
issue.

-Val

Re: Correct build process for Ignite

Posted by shikharraje <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anton,

This is the output of "mvn -version":

Apache Maven 3.5.2 (138edd61fd100ec658bfa2d307c43b76940a5d7d;
2017-10-18T13:28:13+05:30)
Maven home: C:\Users\<home_dir>\Downloads\apache-maven-3.5.2\bin\..
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_121\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

Re: Correct build process for Ignite

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
what maven version you use?

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

Please use instructions provided at DEVNOTES.txt

Posted by shikharraje <sh...@gmail.com>.