Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Imesha Sudasingha <im...@apache.org> on 2022/02/13 16:59:03 UTC

[REPORT] OODT - February 2022

Apache OODT is a software framework as well as an architectural style for the
rapid construction of scientific data systems. It provides components for data
capture, curation, metadata extraction, workflow management, resource
management, and data processing.

## Issues:
No issues persist that require board's attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache OODT was founded 2010-11-17 (11 years ago)
There are currently 47 committers and 46 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Nadeeshan Gimhana on 2021-04-25.
- No new committers. Last addition was Nadeeshan Gimhana on 2021-04-06.

## Project Activity:
- Last release was in October 2021

As mentioned in the last report (September 2021), we released 1.9.1 patch
release. Then we have merged the changes queued for 2.0 that was in the
development branch into master branch. Plan is to release 2.0 as soon as
several contributors become available.

## Community Health:
Community health was low due to no new development being done around OODT.
Work for 2.0 has already been completed. Project activity may pickup when we
start the discussion around 2.0 release.