Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au> on 2003/01/27 14:29:53 UTC

[PMC] Updated Bylaws proposal

PMC members,

I have committed an updated bylaws proposal to the proposal/ant-site
directory. You can checkout or view directly from CVS.

I've tried to cover issues such as decision making, vetos, what decisions
require what sorts of approvals, emeritus membership, etc. There are
probably changes and other things that can be added so, please speak up.

Once there is broad agreement on the bylaws, I would like to submit them to
the board for approval.

Thanks
Conor

Re: [PMC] Updated Bylaws proposal

Posted by Magesh Umasankar <um...@apache.org>.
Ahh!  Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,
Magesh

*  Father: A banker provided by nature.  *
Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Magesh Umasankar <um...@apache.org>.
Looks good to me though I do have one question:

Why does a Product Release require lazy majority
from active PMC members?  That wasn't the case
in jakarta, was it?  I understood it required lazy majority
from active product committers only.

Cheers,
Magesh

*  When in doubt, mumble; when in trouble,  *
*  delegate; when in charge, ponder.        *
*                          - James H. Boren *