Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matthew Webster <eu...@freeuk.com> on 2002/12/03 22:16:13 UTC

[users@httpd] CGI not running or Object not found

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate a little help here...
In my httpd.conf I have included the following:

LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>

ServerAdmin webmaster@myserver.net
DocumentRoot "C:\WebSites\logs.myserver.net"

ServerName logs.myserver.net

Options +Includes +Indexes
IndexOptions +FancyIndexing

ErrorLog error.log
CustomLog access.log common

#    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin "C:/WebSites/logs.myserver.net/cgi-bin"

<Directory "C:/WebSites/logs.myserver.net/cgi-bin">

#        #AllowOverride Options
Options +ExecCGI
#        Order deny,allow
#        Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

The first problem is that I cannot get a directory listing generated of
the cgi-bin directory if the ScriptAlias directive is used.

The second problem is that I get:

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete
your request.
Error message:
couldn't create child process: 720003: hello.pl

when trying to access the very simple and definately correct 'hello.pl'
Perl script within the cgi-bin directory.  I have the Perl executable
in the system PATH (I am using Windows XP).

I can sometimes get an 'Object not found' message, when messing around
with the last directives in the <directory> block.

Do I need to specify how to run Perl scripts?

If someone could specify exactly the directive settings needed to get
cgi's to run under Apache I would be most grateful.

Best regards,

Matt.

--
Matthew Webster - 07984 164 535