Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bbarani <bb...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/07 20:53:47 UTC

Terms component with shards?

Hi,

Will terms component work along with Shards?

I have 3 cores and I am using shards to to distributed search.

I have a autosuggest feature implemented using terms component (when I had
just one core before) and its working fine as long as I have just one core.
It doesnt seems to work fine when I use shards..

Can someone let me know if terms component will work fine when using with
shards?

Thanks,
Barani

Re: Terms component with shards?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
Interesting.  Everything I had read said that it didn't work.  Maybe
it's SolrJ that doesn't support it in 1.4.  The wiki says it requires
1.5 or later.

Shawn

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 12/7/2010 12:53 PM, bbarani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Will terms component work along with Shards?
>
> I have 3 cores and I am using shards to to distributed search.

Yes - but not in Solr 1.4.x.  You'll need branch_3x or trunk.

Shawn