Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sharath Kumar <co...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/18 14:24:18 UTC

Help Needed...

Hi...
I need your help in JMeter as i got trapped in executing SQL queries in JDBC Request. OK... Let me explain the scenario...

  I am doing performance testing for a java based application using JMeter. My Applications Back end is SQL 2000 server which i configured correctly in JDBC Connection Configuration also. I give inputs to the application and save it. I record this process using SQL Profiler and get some auto generated queries. I fetch and edit those queries according to my use. I copy and paste those edited queries in JDBC Request. When i try to run a (Select)query in JDBC Request, it works and i am happy. But if i run the set of queries(Select, Insert, Update, Delete)together, it executes the first query only.

  My doubt here is to select which "Query Type" in JDBC Request to execute all the Queries as i mentioned above?

  Is there any methods to separate the queries(using commas)?

  I need to execute all the queries to evaluate the performance of that particular operation.
Please help me to get through this problem... Waiting for your reply...

  Thanks & regards
-Sharath

---------------------------------

Re: Help Needed...

Posted by Sharath Kumar <co...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks a lot ... let me try and get back to u .....

  Sharath

sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
  On 18/01/07, Alexander Wallace wrote:
> Are you not using a separate jdbc sampler for each query?
>
> I am doing a similar test and since a single thread executes 8300
> queries, I'm using a csv file with a single query per line and a csv
> dataset to loop through the queries .... Each thread uses a copy (not
> really, i use symlinks) of the csv file.
>
> i have a bit of BeanSheel script in the single jdbc sampler that
> looks at the query and sets the query type accordingly.

You could perhaps do this by putting the query type in the CSV file,
and then setting the query type in the sampler from the variable set
by the CSV file.

This would be a bit cheaper at runtime.

> It sounds to me like you are putting multiple queries in one single
> jdbc sampler, so you need to either use one sampler per query or do
> something like i'm doing (one sampler but one query at a time)....
>
> I hope this helps!
>
> On Jan 18, 2007, at 7:24 AM, Sharath Kumar wrote:
>
> > Hi...
> > I need your help in JMeter as i got trapped in executing SQL
> > queries in JDBC Request. OK... Let me explain the scenario...
> >
> > I am doing performance testing for a java based application using
> > JMeter. My Applications Back end is SQL 2000 server which i
> > configured correctly in JDBC Connection Configuration also. I give
> > inputs to the application and save it. I record this process using
> > SQL Profiler and get some auto generated queries. I fetch and edit
> > those queries according to my use. I copy and paste those edited
> > queries in JDBC Request. When i try to run a (Select)query in JDBC
> > Request, it works and i am happy. But if i run the set of queries
> > (Select, Insert, Update, Delete)together, it executes the first
> > query only.
> >
> > My doubt here is to select which "Query Type" in JDBC Request to
> > execute all the Queries as i mentioned above?
> >
> > Is there any methods to separate the queries(using commas)?
> >
> > I need to execute all the queries to evaluate the performance of
> > that particular operation.
> > Please help me to get through this problem... Waiting for your
> > reply...
> >
> > Thanks & regards
> > -Sharath

---------------------------------
Be a PS3 game guru.

Re: Help Needed...

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Help Needed...

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com>.

Re: Help Needed...

Posted by Ivan Rancati <iv...@sharpmind.de>.
I think that each query should have its own JDBC Request sampler.

Also, imho, having 1 query it makes writing the test plan and the various
response assertions much easier.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-db-test-plan.html