Posted to dev@sedona.apache.org by Jia Yu <ji...@apache.org> on 2020/08/21 08:31:52 UTC

Confirmation of Apache Sedona (incubating) CLA

Dear ASF Secretary,

This is Jia Yu. I am a committer of Apache Sedona (incubating). We are
working on importing our old codebase from GitHub (
https://github.com/DataSystemsLab/GeoSpark) to ASF GitHub repo (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-sedona). We have been waiting for more
than one month after being accepted to the ASF incubator.

The infra team asks us to obtain a confirmation from you that you have
allowed us to import the code.

1. Our old codebase was under Apache License 2.0 and MIT License (before
v1.2.0)
2. 8 out 10 contributors who made significant contributions have submitted
the CLA: https://github.com/DataSystemsLab/GeoSpark/graphs/contributors .
Please refer to the list attached.

Given that the project was in Apache License 2.0 and MIT License, I believe
the code is safe. Could you please confirm that we are allowed to import
the code to the ASF GitHub repository?

Thanks,
Jia
---

Here is a list of the top 10 significant contributors, the names are sorted
by their num of commits.

Jia Yu (#1, submitted)

Zongsi Zhang (#2, submitted)

Jinxuan Wu (#3, submitted)

Masha Basmanova ($4, not submitted)

Mohamed Sarwat (#5, submitted)

Paweł Kociński (imbruced) (#6, submitted)

Netanel Malka (#7, submitted)

Sachio Wakai (#8, submitted)

Kengo Seki (#9, submitted)

Omar Kaptan (#10, not submitted)

Re: Confirmation of Apache Sedona (incubating) CLA

Posted by Matt Sicker <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi, apologies for the late reply:

As secretary, our role here is to file the paperwork. If you want to
import outside code to Apache for continued development, though, you
typically need to go through a software grant process. I did receive a
grant recently about that, so you'll want to verify if there's any
outstanding agreements left.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

--