Posted to user@struts.apache.org by st...@gmail.com on 2007/06/06 22:01:18 UTC

datetimepicker & S2 validation

I have a datetimepicker on a screen with the key="
payrollUpdate.effectiveDate".  I have a
PayrollUpdateAction-validation.xmlfile that corresponds to the Action
associated with this web page.  Inside
the validation file I have the following field validation:

<field name="payrollUpdate.effectiveDate">
 <field-validator type="requiredstring">
    <message key="requiredstring">
  </field-validator>
<field>

After entering a date or selecting one from the calendar, I get the
validation error that Effective Date is required!  It is as though I have
not entered anything!  Any ideas?

--
Scott
stanlick@gmail.com

Re: datetimepicker & S2 validation

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
No. Must of them have been fixed on 2.1. Some of the fixes would require
changes by the users, that's why thy are not on 2.0.x.

musachy

Posted by David Harland <dh...@ufi.com>.
Hi Musachy ,

- ------

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
2.1 is the development branch (technically trunk :) ), and there is no
release for it yet, if you want to build it yourself:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/building-with-maven.html

musachy

Posted by Vincent Lin <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
sorry. 2.1 is the one.

musachy

On 6/6/07, stanlick@gmail.com <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is getting to the action!  Can you tell me if a new version is
> available?
>
> On 6/6/07, Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Datetimepicker is buggy on 2.0.6, I would first make sure that the value
> > is
> > getting to the action, without any validation at all.
> >
> > musachy
> >
> > On 6/6/07, stanlick@gmail.com <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I have a datetimepicker on a screen with the key="
> > > payrollUpdate.effectiveDate".  I have a
> > > PayrollUpdateAction-validation.xmlfile that corresponds to the Action
> > > associated with this web page.  Inside
> > > the validation file I have the following field validation:
> > >
> > > <field name="payrollUpdate.effectiveDate">
> > > <field-validator type="requiredstring">
> > >     <message key="requiredstring">
> > >   </field-validator>
> > > <field>
> > >
> > > After entering a date or selecting one from the calendar, I get the
> > > validation error that Effective Date is required!  It is as though I
> > have
> > > not entered anything!  Any ideas?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Scott
> > > stanlick@gmail.com
> > >

> > --
> > "Hey you! Would you help me to carry the stone?" Pink Floyd
> >

> --
> Scott
> stanlick@gmail.com

Re: datetimepicker & S2 validation

Posted by st...@gmail.com.
So is one of the bugs a disconnect from S2 validation?

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> <field name="payrollUpdate.effectiveDate">
>  <field-validator type="requiredstring">
>     <message key="requiredstring">
>   </field-validator>
> <field>

Is payrollUpdate.effectiveDate a String?

d.