Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by JAR <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/04 15:33:02 UTC

Geronimo not ready for Application Server ADF Runtime libraries

I have a simple ADF project that call a jsp with:

"Configuration.createRootApplicationModule"

After deploy in WAR format, at Geronimo it says:
#####Star log
HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
oracle.jbo.common.ampool.ApplicationPoolException: JBO-30003: O pool de
aplicações (soparatestar.AppModuleLocal) não conseguiu registar a saída do
módulo da aplicação devido à seguinte excepção:

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)

root cause

oracle.jbo.common.ampool.ApplicationPoolException: JBO-30003: O pool de
aplicações (soparatestar.AppModuleLocal) não conseguiu registar a saída do
módulo da aplicação devido à seguinte excepção:

oracle.jbo.common.ampool.ApplicationPoolImpl.doCheckout(ApplicationPoolImpl.java:2002)

oracle.jbo.common.ampool.ApplicationPoolImpl.useApplicationModule(ApplicationPoolImpl.java:2793)

oracle.jbo.common.ampool.SessionCookieImpl.useApplicationModule(SessionCookieImpl.java:453)

oracle.jbo.common.ampool.SessionCookieImpl.useApplicationModule(SessionCookieImpl.java:424)

oracle.jbo.common.ampool.SessionCookieImpl.useApplicationModule(SessionCookieImpl.java:419)

oracle.jbo.client.Configuration.getApplicationModule(Configuration.java:1546)

oracle.jbo.client.Configuration.createRootApplicationModule(Configuration.java:1504)

oracle.jbo.client.Configuration.createRootApplicationModule(Configuration.java:1476)
	org.apache.jsp.index2_jsp._jspService(index2_jsp.java:66)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:388)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:266)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/6.0-snapshot logs.
######End log
In Tomcat with works.

I've looked at Oracle help and put all then ADF jars in Geronimo repository
and defined the dependencies, but still doesn't work.

Is Geronimo not ready for ADF?

Re: Geronimo not ready for Application Server ADF Runtime libraries

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 4, 2007, at 12:28 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> One of your posts on the user list had enough stack trace to lead me
> to believe you have run into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3243
>  and as noted there this is a bug in both Activemq and ADF.
>
> We should do something to fix this problem in 2.1, either upgrade to
> a newer amq if available without this problem or include the
> equivalent of
>
> -Dorg.apache.activeio.journal.active.DisableLocking=true
>
> in an appropriate SystemPropertieds gbean.  Is anyone interested in
> looking into this further?

As noted in the jira, current users should set GERONIMO opts (e.g.
'export GERONIMO_OPTS=-
Dorg.apache.activeio.journal.active.DisableLocking=true') and then
start geronimo (e.g. 'geronimo.sh run')

Agreed that we should configure the property using the
SystemProperties GBean. IIRC, this problem is actually caused by
ActiveIO. ActiveMQ 5 doesn't include ActiveIO, but isn't released yet
and I don't think we want to move to a new release, anyway...

I moved the jira to 2.1 and set the priority to blocker...

--kevan

Re: Geronimo not ready for Application Server ADF Runtime libraries

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
One of your posts on the user list had enough stack trace to lead me
to believe you have run into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
GERONIMO-3243 and as noted there this is a bug in both Activemq and ADF.

We should do something to fix this problem in 2.1, either upgrade to
a newer amq if available without this problem or include the
equivalent of

-Dorg.apache.activeio.journal.active.DisableLocking=true

in an appropriate SystemPropertieds gbean.  Is anyone interested in
looking into this further?

thanks
david jencks