Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com> on 2010/05/25 08:10:21 UTC

Postgresql errors with trunk, any ideas?

Trying to get trunk working with postgresql 8.3 under Debian stable, sun
java 1.6.0_12-b04, and I get several similar errors in the logs:

---- exception report
Could not convert field value for the field:
[newEntity.accountingQuantityDiff] to the [BigDecimal] type for the
value [0]: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Conversion from
java.lang.String to BigDecimal not currently supported

---- exception report
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
Message: No converter found for java.math.BigDecimal->java.lang.Long

Exception: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException
Message: Conversion from java.lang.String to BigDecimal not currently
supported

Is there something I need to do to add the needed library?

I also get errors like the following:

---- exception report
Error storing value
Exception: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException
Message: SQL Exception occurred on commit (Commit can not be set while
enrolled in a transaction)
---- cause
Exception: java.sql.SQLException
Message: Commit can not be set while enrolled in a transaction

This last one sounds like "Auto-Commit can not be set while in a
transaction", which would make sense if auto-commit was not being turned
off properly, but how could that be?

Alternatively, is this somehow related to the nested transactions issue
we found with Mysql last week?

Anybody have any ideas, or at least have trunk working with Postgresql?

--
Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>
RidgeCrest Herbals, Inc.

Re: Postgresql errors with trunk, any ideas?

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.
I am using 8.4-701, the target downloaded by "ant download-PG-JDBC".
According to http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html, it should be good
for Java 1.4 and newer, and PG 7.2 and newer.

Posted by Deyan Tsvetanov <de...@flexbrix.com>.

Posted by Matt Warnock <mw...@ridgecrestherbals.com>.
That seems to have solved that issue.  Thanks Deepak!

Debian uses ant 1.7.0.  I must have forgotten the ./ant.  I notice that
the internal ant shell script is much simpler than the one Debian uses,
do they both just call java with the right jar file?

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Matt,

Have you used latest version of ant (1.7.1)?

try to build application using internal ant (./ant)

Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.