Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Georges Boutros <GB...@interstarinc.com> on 2001/07/16 19:55:51 UTC

URL vs. cookies

hi,

i'd like to know where can i set tomcat to send the JSESSIONID on the URL
instead of using the cookies?

thanks

Georges

Re: URL vs. cookies

Posted by Bo Xu <bo...@cybershop.ca>.
Georges Boutros wrote:

> hi,
>
> i'd like to know where can i set tomcat to send the JSESSIONID on the URL
> instead of using the cookies?
>
> thanks
>
> Georges

Hi :-)   good email for you   //haha :-)

n Sun, 20 May 2001, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Question... how I force it to rewrite the URL to support url rewriting even

> if the browser supports cookies?

In 3.2, look in "conf/server.xml" for the string

        noCookies="false"

and change it to

        noCookies="true"

IIRC, this change is global to all webapps in this JVM.

In 4.0, the <Context> element includes a "cookies" attribute that you can
use to turn cookies on or off on a per-webapp basis.  It defaults to
"true", so turn them off like this:

        <Context path="/examples" ... cookies="false" ...>

Craig McClanahan

Bo
July 16, 2001

RE: URL vs. cookies

Posted by Filip Hanik <ma...@filip.net>.
server.xml

        <RequestInterceptor
            className="org.apache.tomcat.request.SessionInterceptor"
            noCookies="false" />

set noCookie to true

Filip

~