Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kyle Quillen <kq...@wifi7.com> on 2006/12/20 17:30:53 UTC

Re:whitelist and Excessive Spam

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 11:02 -0500, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 11:00:17AM -0500, Kyle Quillen wrote:
> > Ok when I type spamassassin -D it stops at
> >
> > [25555] dbg: dns: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
> > [25555] dbg: dns: Net::DNS version: 0.48
> >
> > and then just sits there waiting for something.  I read somewhere
that
> > it wanted to be fed a message but I am unclear as to how to do that.
>
> "spamassassin -D < message_file"

Ok I ran that and fixed an error in the whitelist.cf file it seems i
missed putting the server on one of the whitelist_from_rcvd files not
sure if that really was the issue or not.  I guess I just have to wait
and see.  I have attached the output in a text file for easier reading.
I did notice one problem it said that I had one Ham message.  What would
you suggest to start feed ham to Bayes?  I thought it was supposed to
feed itself non spam?

I understand that ever implementation of spamassassin is different but
do any of you have a sort of check list to make sure that I am at least
doing something right.  I have a qmailtoaster mail server and use
several blacklists.  Plus the default spamassassin stuff nothing out of
the ordinary.

I just want to try and get this so I can focus on other things instead
of listening to complaining all the time.

Thanks for all your guidance.