Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by 甯尤刚 <ni...@navercorp.com> on 2020/04/01 02:26:53 UTC

[discuss] general permission set on an openwhisk entity

Hi, guys.
​
     this pr was implemented long time ago: https://github.com/apache/openwhisk/pull/4058
  this pr's target is `Add protect feature to avoid update or delete actions`

     There several points, i want to discuss
     1. Which entity need to be protected when update or delete?
​
         There has several entities in openwhisk, e.g. package, action
         I think package and action also need to be protected when update or delete.   may be have others?
​
     2. How to protect?

         there has an option: use `unix style` as @babbah said.
​
         Because original unix style is `aaabbbccc`, `aaa` is the owner's permission(include read/write/execute). `bbb` is the same group of the owner' permission.
         `ccc` is other users's permission.

         Our own openwhisk, it seems can be like below
         1. `the own user for the entity`  (this is same as unix's `aaa`)
         2.  it seems have no corresponding concept of unix's `bbb` here
         3. others users(this is same as unix's `ccc`)
​
         so we can assume, if user create action with unix style like this: `77`,  the owner have `read/write/execute` permission, and the other user also have  `read/write/execute` permission
         if user creates action with `55`, the owner have `read/not write/execute` permission, and other users have  `read/not write/execute` permission as well.
​

Re: [discuss] general permission set on an openwhisk entity

Posted by Dominic Kim <st...@gmail.com>.
It looks feasible to me.

Best Regards
Dominic

2020년 4월 1일 (수) 오전 11:27, 甯尤刚 <ni...@navercorp.com>님이 작성:

Posted by 甯尤刚 <ni...@navercorp.com>.
For this feature, i wrote a temp commit to check whether the direction is right,
Please check: https://github.com/apache/openwhisk/pull/4058#issuecomment-626607066

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.